Monday, May 25, 2020

Interpersonal Relationship Between My Father And I Had

Abstract In this Interpersonal relationship analysis, I will be analyzing the Interpersonal relationship that my father and I had. I will give a little background on the relationship which we had, explain how the different concepts that we have covered in our class effected our relationship, through research and interviews conducted, and conclude with how the lessons learned from and through the relationship we had are still present today, even though my father is no longer alive. There are several different strategies which will be covered in this analysis. The specific communication concepts are: the five styles of conflict, the theories of conflict management, the different stages of relationship, listening theories, the seven communication styles, the six types of interpersonal relationships, and the theories of interpersonal communication and relationship. These concepts will be used to relate and explain the situations and conflicts between my father and me. My Interpersonal relationshi p analysis will shed some light into the relationship my father and I had and how it molded me into the person I am today. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP ANALYSIS The relationship that my father and I had was very special to both of us. However, the relationship did not originally look like an â€Å"all American family† relationship. I was born to Juanita and George Rowe in Houston, Texas on November 22, 1973. My dad already had two children by his first wife when I was born. I have aShow MoreRelatedRelationship Between My Father And It1425 Words   |  6 PagesRelationships are one of the most important necessities to living out a normal life, especially those whom are family relationships. I’ve grown to develop strong family relations from both sides of the family tree. There have been periods of time where the frequency of communication slows, but for the most part I’m close with many members of my family. School can get busy, making it difficult to put forth that extra effort to remain in contact with many of my intermediate family members. The relationshipRead MoreInterpersonal Communication and Relationship Developm ent Essay1673 Words   |  7 PagesRelationship Development 1 Running Head: RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT Interpersonal Communication and Relationship Development Relationship Development 2 Communication is the process of gathering meaning from the world around us and using verbal and non-verbal messages to share this meaning with others. (Beebe, Beebe, and Redmond, 2005) More specifically, interpersonal communication can be defined as; â€Å"a distinctive, transactual form of human communication involving mutual influenceRead MoreGeorge Levingers Definition of Close Relationships and How Its Changed Today792 Words   |  4 Pagesclose relationships, conflict, and group behavior, examined interpersonal relationships and what is needed to make one successful. He defined a successful close relationship containing five components; 1) frequent interaction, 2) between spatially near partners, 3) who share significant common goals, 4) exchange personal disclosures, and 5) care deeply about one another. His definition of interpersonal relationships is one part social, one part physical, and three parts psychological. Although I agreeRead MoreTomorrows leader term paper 1623 Words   |  7 Pageshave to possess at least one of the attributes. In this paper, interpersonal communication would be discussed and elaborated. Interpersonal communication has a great deal of definitions. It is defined as an interactive face-to-face process between two people, in which one’s personal characteristics, relationship with another and social status can be reflected (Hartley, 1993). However, on the other hand, some experts express interpersonal communication as a process, which gives everyone an equal opportunityRead MoreEssay about anger in communication1405 Words   |  6 Pagescommunity standings. Today I will examine the interpersonal communication within my cohabiting relationship. I will discuss the confrontations, the displayed behaviors, the physical attacks, and the reprisals. For interpersonal relationship to be successful, there must be mutually positive communication present at all time. My relationship is far the opposite and is continuously plagued with confrontations. The underlying reason stems from the very aggressive behavior of my partner. There seems toRead MoreArt Therapy Services For Children At Risk At The Hope Gardens Community Center1163 Words   |  5 Pagesan intern art therapist, I provide art therapy services for children at risk at the Hope Gardens Community Center (HG) in Brooklyn, New York. Many children at HG are referred to therapy for various reasons such as anger, self-harm ideation and low self-esteem. Inner city children are sometimes exposed to societal, environmental, and domestic stressors, and those stressors can give rise to children’s behavioral and psychological problems (Camilleri, 2007). In this paper, I will discuss a client’s caseRead MoreAnalysis Of Khaled Hosseini s The Mountains Echoed 1109 Words à ‚  |  5 PagesMy life have been very interesting, the past twenty-six years it was like a riding a rollercoaster, but the very best is yet to come. I ve gone through suggest of the down time, but I also had capture some of the most wonderful experiences as well. However, I appreciate all. I can t wait to see what the future are waiting for me. I have learned, â€Å"in the end, some of your greatest pains, become your greatest strengths† (Drew Barrymore). In the fictional novel And The Mountains Echoed by KhaledRead MoreFriendship Forever in Beaches986 Words   |  4 PagesBlooms boss John. Whitney sleeps with John and Bloom claims all is fine, but deep down she is hurt. This is the start of what is too soon be an interpersonal conflict, a disagreement between connected individuals who perceive their goals as incompatible.[Devito, p. 276] When an unexpected illness forces Whitney to go back and care for her allying father, letter writing again the avenue these friends mus t use to stay connected. Whitney begins to date Micheal, her fathers attorney and eventually marriesRead MoreAttachment Theory As A Framework For Understanding Interpersonal And Emotional Outcomes Of Adults1442 Words   |  6 Pagesfor understanding interpersonal and emotional outcomes of adults. Attachment theory also creates, an understanding of how parent relationships, affects a child’s early physiological development throughout adult-hood. In the past, research done on father -child relationships, has generally, focused on the attachment the child develops, when the father is absent in the child’s early stages of development. In my research, I found recent studies, performed on father-child relationships, and how secureRead MoreReflective Account Of My Childhood1469 Words   |  6 PagesTitle: Reflective account of my childhood Introduction I was born in Spain 1978, era of political transition. Few years earlier the country was under the rule of dictator regime, General Franco that ended with his death. The same year I was born, a new constitution was approved by democratic elected parliament that provided individual rights, also demolished death penalty and allowed divorce. In this essay, I will examine social context, experiences and influences in my childhood as well as unequal

No comments:

Post a Comment